Meta Magnet is a metadata API service that provides you with the metadata of any URL. It is a free and open-source service that can be used by anyone. It is built using NodeJS, ExpressJS, and Supabase.
- Get metadata of any URL
- Provide a server solution at affordable prices
How to use
- Go to Meta Magnet and enter the URL in the input field.
- To use the API, You can read the documentation
Purpose of this project
- To provide an affordable solutions for developers who want to use metadata in their applications
- Heroku was no longer providing free dynos for the project, so I decided to create an express.js server and host it on Vercel to test the performance of the server.
- The biggest challenge was to run a scheduler which would run every 24 hours to reset the limit of the API calls.
- The second challenge was to host the server on Vercel, as it was my first time hosting a server on Vercel.
- To create a middleware that would check the limit of the API calls as well as the API key is valid or not and the plan (free or pro) of the user.
- There's a package for scheduler in NodeJS called node-cron, which can be used to run a scheduler.
- But the good news for me was Supabase has a built-in cron scheduler which can be used to run scheduler sql queries in their built in sql editor.
- This tool is very helpful to create cron jobs scheduler time patterns.
What I learned
- I learned how to host a server on Vercel.
- I learned how to use Supabase.
- I learned Cron scheduler to reset daily quota.